Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Weather Wonderland

      The weather in Ohio is splendid. Cheers to the weather. It's never the same. Monday, it was bright, beautiful, and a balmy 46 degrees (Fahrenheit). Which is warm compared to last week when we got two days off of school because it was 27 degrees, and I had to wear a warm jacket. The snow had melted from the previous snow fall. It's snowing right now, but it's not sticking (praise the Lord).

      I wrote this post, not to bore you with chat about the weather, but to tell you another odd obsession that I have (involving weather). I'm in awe of rainbows! Completely and continuously overjoyed. When I see a rainbow I start clapping my hands, and smile from ear to ear. Then I stand there and watch it until it fades away. I also like to try to capture the rainbow in photographs.

     Why am I obsessed? Partly because of the science, partly the colours, but mostly because of God's promise. Genesis 9:13 " I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth". It reminds me that God is so real, and that what He says is true. How could such beauty be without a creator? I am in awe of Him and all of His marvelous works.

No comments:

Post a Comment