Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pantry Quesadillas

      Tonight we finally ran out of leftovers and had to come up with whatever we could for dinner tonight. We had to "fend for ourselves" so to speak. I decided instead of reaching for the oh-so convenient Ramen noodles, that I would make Pantry Quesadillas. This is an invention of my own, and it tasted pretty good for a make-shift meal.

      Pantry Quesadilla involves things that you may have sitting in your pantry. Nothing in this quesadilla came from the fridge (except the shredded cheese). This recipe is for anyone who wants a quick meal. Feel free to add whatever you would like to personalize your creation. I would have liked to put grilled chicken inside, but we didn't have any.

What you need (To make what I made):
*Tortillas
*Shredded Cheese (I used 4 State Cheddar, because that's what we had)
*Re fried Beans
*Canned Diced Tomatoes with Cilantro
*A Baking Sheet
*An Oven
*A Hungry Stomach

Step 1: Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees
Step 2: Place tortilla on baking sheet
Step 3: Spread preferred amount of Re fried Beans on Tortilla
Step 4: Sprinkle preferred amount of cheese on half of the tortilla
Step 5: Spoon preferred amount of Diced Tomatoes on top of the cheese. If I could redo what I made tonight, I would add more tomatoes because I like tomatoes :)

Step 6: You may skip this step. All I did was sprinkled on a teeny bit more cheese to ensure that it stuck together. It will be fine without this step as well
Step 7: Fold the empty half of the tortilla shell on top of the half with all of the cheese and tomatoes
Step 8: Bake for 8 minutes (to just crisp the shell and melt the cheese)
Step 9: Eat and Enjoy :) Here's a shot from the side of the tortilla...








No comments:

Post a Comment