Saturday, January 18, 2014

Are you ready to rock?!?!

      Let's get crazy! It's finally time for me to start fundraising. Let's be honest, when you're in youth group, anytime is a good time to fund raise. We have camp coming up soon, so I need all the help that I can get. I would love to be able to raise all of the money that I need to pay for camp.

      Well my youth pastors came up with a genius fundraising idea: a Rock-A-Ton! I will be sitting in a rocking chair "rocking it out" for 12 hours straight. We get a 5 minute break every hour (to use the bathroom, stretch, and all of that normal stuff). I'm super psyched!

      Right now I am in the process of collecting sponsors. A sponsor is someone that offers to pay a certain amount per hour or a maximum amount of money for the entire 12 hours. Example: someone could offer to give me $1 an hour or offer to give me $10 dollars for me rocking.

      I believe that I am going to video document throughout the night to share some highlights with all of you lovely people, and my Facebook friends.

      I'm also offering to dress up in different costumes each hour if people are willing to donate a few extra dollars. They get to choose what I will wear.

      All of the money raised will go into my student account to pay for camp, and other youth activities.

      I'm super excited to participate in this fundraiser. Praying that all goes well. Who knows? This ought to be interesting...



No comments:

Post a Comment