Monday, February 23, 2015

Supernatural Novels

      Thanks to my public library, I was able to pick up 3 different Supernatural books that have been sitting in my amazon wish list for a while. They were MARVELOUS!! So happy that I got a chance to read them, and I thought I might as well share these beauties with you all.



Ahhh Bobby, oh how I love you. Bobby singer is one of my favorite characters on the televison series because he's honest with the boys and treats them like his own children. David Reed (who is a writer on the show) has found a way to write in Bobby's voice throughout this novel. He has the same mannerisms as the character played by Jim Beaver. This was the best, in my opinion, of the 3. We get not only a journal on hunting tips, but an actual hunt within the pages. Bobby is losing his memory after an encounter with an unknown creature, and decides to write as much as he can remember for the boys to pick up where he left off. At the end we even get a little Dean action as he attempts to write an ending. This book is full of little Winchester feels:)


John Winchester's journal was the next book on my list, and I'm sad to say that this one fell short of my expectations :( It was a good read, and great to read about the boy's childhood (or lack of). But it had some wrong information that threw me off a little. It also had more of a diary feel to it that the journal that they use on the show. This one was more about the boys than about the monsters. Honestly, if this was the journal the boys found, they'd be screwed. If you look past those things, it isn't a bad edition to a supernatural collection.


Nathan Brown knows his stuff! I recommend this to EVERYONE. Both fans and non-fans alike. Being a history/mythology buff, this novel satisfies all of my needs. It goes behind the symbols and creature origins. I really can't describe how perfect this novel is. It's so informational and cool to see where the writers got the inspiration for everything that goes into the show.

I'm still working my way through the Supernatural Anime series (YESSSSSS) and I'll tell you all about that when I finish. So many things to review for you and I've fallen into the beautiful pages of graphic novels:)))) *swoon* 
-Erinnxx

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you enjoyed my book! Keep on reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will! Thank you so much for all of the time you put into writing the novel, it's such a cool thing to read all of the origin stories for things on a show I love :) I'll be hunting down your Grimm mythology book next!

      Delete