Monday, September 28, 2015

Book Review- You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day

*insert hoards of heart-eye emoji's here* I want to start off by saying that I'm writing this review as I eat pancakes. You'll know if you've already read this charmingly witty book that Felicia mentions many meetings she's had that involved pancakes, and I couldn't resist ending this great read with a stack of those nummy things!

I first witnessed this wonderful creature on Supernatural (big surprise!) and knew it wouldn't be the only way I got to watch Felicia be who she is. My friend Morgan turned me to The Guild, and then to Felicia's Instagram. So when I found out that she was going to be releasing a book I couldn't wait to get my hands on it!

You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day
Published By: Touchstone
Pages: 272
Genre(s): Memoir

This book spoke to me on many levels. Though my hardcore Lord of the Rings Playstation game play days are currently on hold due to attempting to adult with a job, the desires are there clawing at my brain. Even if you haven't found yourself glued to a screen raiding, you may relate to her anxiety pressure that makes you feel like you have to do everything on your own and push out any relationships in the process. This book isn't a how-to when it comes to the gaming world. It showcases the beauty (and horrors) of socializing and making a name for yourself on modern platforms.

      I couldn't be more pleased with this novel, and Felicia sure knows how to make a girl laugh... as well as do some self-reflection (though not on purpose), You're Never Weird on the Internet (almost) will find it's home on my bookshelf and will be returned to someday when I need a good bit of motivation. I'd recommend this to anyone that enjoyed Chris Hardwick's book, or anyone who would relate to a quirky geek girl who double majored in math and violin.
                                                            ...it's that good :)
                                                                  -Erinnxx
                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment