Thursday, June 11, 2015

Book Review- The Nerdist Way: How to Reach the Next Level (In Real Life)

Try to ignore Castiel creeping in the back...that sneaky little angel. I fished up this fantastic book today and decided to review it ASAP because many of you may like it as well.

The Nerdist Way: How to Reach the Next Level (In Real Life) by Chris Hardwick
Published By: Berkley
Pages: 304
Genre(s): Autobiography, Humor, Self-Help, Nerdgasm

A self-help book geared toward the nerd brain. Compartmentalizing, blowing things up bigger than reality, obsessing over things, long hours lost, and fun times are literally written all over these pages.

I went into this novel blind. I would have realized that it was in fact a self-help book for nerds if I would have looked a little closer, but this oblivion was a blessing in disguise. It turned out to be just what I needed having recently graduated from high school, reading this was a great passage into the weird buffer that ends with adulthood. So nerds around, pick up this book and share in the fun with me!


There isn't much to warn you about as far as spoilers go, since this book isn't a work of fiction. Only spoiler: you'll get to make a D&D-type character sheet about your life and you'll laugh while reading this great book! So Chris Hardwick is one of my favorite comedians because of his subject matter, and scary-close sense of humor to mine. I've loved watching Talking Dead and when he did after Who, so that's what sold me on reading this. Once I got into it, I was presented with a nice Turkish Delight of information. Something I really wanted in my life but had no means to get it. I discovered the joy of a self-improvement book.

I've always been put off by these types of books, but The Nerdist Way was such a joy to read. I highly recommend it to all of you fellow nerds, and even people who enjoy leveling-up in life.

Do you like my new rating guide? I made it myself because I was getting tired of simple stars.

anyways...read on fellow Bibliophiles!
-Erinn xx



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. Your rating system is PERFECT. I love. Please continue to use. I'm laughing so hard X'D

    Your review of this book makes me interested in reading it, though I don't really know Chris Hardwick (heard his name, never watched him in anything). It sounds fun! Maybe someday I'll pick it up. :)

    ReplyDelete