Thursday, December 18, 2014

Good Charlotte - The Young and the Hopeless


Let's start these off with album cover review and go from there. Gorgeous cover! Maybe it's just because I like old-timey things that I enjoy this cover so much but it's so cool...I mean look at that mushroom cloud. 

Okay on to the music. So I've been listening to Spotify lately and The Anthem(track #2) started playing and it immediately prompted me to make this purchase. Great message and aggressive tempo. I really could use that line to sum up the whole album. Starting from track one (a New Beginning) you feel the angst and musical talents of Billy Martin, Joel Madden, Benji Madden, and Paul Thomas. 

Other favorites on the album are:
Hold On - highly encouraging to stick it out through the rough times. No matter if you think everything is in pieces, someone is there for you. Nice reminder. Great pick me up. 
Moving On - Just life happening and never stopping. Things change and so do people, but that's what is supposed to happen. 

I understand that this album is an a few years old (2002) but it's an excellent addition to any pop punk collection. The amazing thing about music, is that it generally can speak to people no matter how old the songs are. This is an album that I would recommend to anyone that enjoys instrumental music. That might sound dumb, but I know there are people that only listen to electronic music. I would suggest this album for people that listen to Green Day, Tonight Alive, Simple Plan, Neck Deep, and Blink 182. 



Any albums you want me to review? Just comment them below and I'll check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment