Friday, November 7, 2014

Well I kinda suck

I'm not even close to my book goal for the year. That makes me sad, and I've been neglecting this blog. That is why I suck. I do need to update you one one very important thing though. I want to let you know that I am 90% out of my depression. The reason why that 10% is still there is because I'm working on my communication skills and other areas that depression clouds. I really needed this past month to submerge myself in the things that bring me joy, help me work through pain, and relieve my stress, That was mainly music, prayer, and Tumblr. Tumblr may sound like a dumb thing to put on the list to many people, but I found out that many of mutual friends on there had gone through similar situations as I. Not depression caused by the people around me or home life, but sorrow within myself that appeared to be brought from within. It was like I had bottled up all that I desperately wanted to say and feel. Then it suddenly ripped my heart and mind to shreds. Sorry for the graphic nature of that last sentence but it's how I felt.

It's almost like I've been on Frodo's quest to destroy the Ring, and the last month was the the treacherous climb he, and Sam experienced up Mount Doom. This past week would be the equivalent to Frodo's struggle to let go of the ring (here it is if you need a refresher):
Depression has it's way of holding on to you. But I need to listen to my family, friends, and God do kick it out of my system or some bug-eyed creature (sorry Gollum) is going to try to bite my finger off!

I'll update you soon :) - Erinn xx

2 comments:

  1. You don't suck! Depression is not something to just wave away. It's a serious issue many people have. You are amazing for sticking through it and pushing past the pain and cloudiness. (and whatever gets you through that is a good thing, even if it might sound "lame" at first. It's amazing what little things, or abnormal things help people get through life.)

    I'm so glad you're feeling better. I am always praying for you. And I think the Frodo analogy is fantastic! (literature is always good like that)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I really appreciate that and Frodo was the first thing that popped in my head

      Delete